Ingredients: Serves 4
1/2 An Ice berg Lettuce
1 Bunch of Watercress
1 Green Pepper
1 Tablespoon freshly chopped Mint leaves
50 ml French Dressing
- Wash lettuce and tear leaves.
- Wash and trim watercress.
- Wash, de-seed and cut pepper into rings. (personally i like it diced or finely cut into strips)
- Put lettuce, watercress, green pepper and dressing into a large mixing bowl and gently toss the ingredients together.
- A French Dressing is simply 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar, salt, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, a pinch of sugar and few drops of worcester sauce(optional). Use a shaker to emulsify the dressing so that it has a ‘cloudy’ texture.
- Sprinkle with chopped mint leaves. Serve immediately if mixed with dressing!
***In case you don’t have lettuce or the watercress at your disposal, you may then use mâche or any other salad green. Make sure the taste is balanced though! Well this is a basic kind of recipe for a green salad. You can definitely add a lot of other ingredients and modify this recipe. For instance you may add feta cheese or parmesan, even toasted croutons, and even Spinach!!! Please savor this healthy salad with a grilled steak or grilled chicken and a glass of homemade iced tea and why not accompany that with a nice golden brown potato mash! 🙂 I find this recipe excellent for a brunch with friends and even kids will like this! Of course this is only a starter for famished people 😛 So make sure you prepare something else if you are receiving friends over because this is ultimately only salad!! and we have a hearty appetite! 🙂 A BBQ is perfect along with this salad, so is a soup if it’s a party dish! 🙂 I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as i love it! 🙂