Ingredients: Serves 2
2 hard boiled potatoes
3 tablespoon Cheddar cheese-grated
50g chicken ham-finely diced
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven, 200º C. Grease an oven-proof dish.
- Wash potatoes, pressure cook for 15 minutes. Drain and cut hard-boiled potatoes in half.
- Scoop-out the centers, leaving a thin wall of flesh.
- Mash the scooped-out flesh with butter and half of the grated cheddar cheese.
- Add diced chicken ham, season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato shells with the mixture, mounding it with a metal spoon. (It has to have an arc-like shaped, fill the potato and make the half look like a whole with the filling! The metal spoon will help make it stand in place)
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top and bake it in hot oven, 200º C for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot as accompaniments.
*** This recipe is very easy as you may have noticed. This is best served with wholewheat buns or grilled garlic and butter (let’s be crazy) toasted bread, and of course a salad! 🙂 why not a lettuce/apple/orange salad? This will add flavour and pep to this dish! 🙂 Be careful if you are using cheddar cheese for this recipe… Cheddar is naturally salty. I have tried different cheeses with this recipes and i have to say, mozarella, parmesan and emmental, all suits this recipes!! 😛 Do take into consideration the cheese you use and the amount of salt you will add! Moreover, chicken ham may be replaced by the excellent Bayonne ham 😉 or why not pancetta (salt!!) Different ingredients will give different tastes to this dish and that is it’s magic! You can have various interpretations of this recipe each time you try it and you never get bored of it! It is so easy and time saving, especially if you have unexpected visitors staying to eat! 😀 It tastes awesomely good as well! Those who don’t fear the F word will definitely add cream to this recipe! Sorry for late posts! Assignments are killing me! In the meantime don’t stop cooking or eating for that matter! 🙂