Ingredients: Serves 18 sausage rolls.
1kg sausage mince
480 ml breadcrumbs
80 ml Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
Salt and Pepper
500 g puff pastry sheets
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
Sesame Seeds to sprinkle
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Mix the breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, the sausage mince, tomato paste, eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Roll the pastry to 3mm thick and cut into 12cm x 24cm OR Cut each ready rolled pastry sheet in half.
4. Divide the mixture into six equal portions and roll them into sausage shapes and place into the centre of each pastry.
5. Roll each pastry to close the mixture putting the seam underneath.
6. Cut each rolls into three and place on a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
7. Brush each rolls with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
8. Bake for 20-25min or until golden and cooked through.
*** You may not mince the sausage if you are in haste, or there are also some people who love biting into big chunks of sausage with puff pastry! 🙂 But if you want a more refined and a sausage that has been marinated in all these sauces, mincing it would be best. For those who are not watching their figure, adding a little cheese before folding the pastry will give it an unusual yet divine taste in mouth, especially when it’s hot. A couple of rosemary leaves would add a ‘smoke’ taste to this starter and when you have adults eating this, it would be most welcome. However, this dish is among the favourite ones for kids. They love eating this tasty pastry when it’s hot and this is highly recommended for your kid’s birthday or even a get together for adults. Mayonnaise or ketchup with these ‘roulés’ is an acceptable treat for kids!! (or adults) 🙂 Please indulge! 🙂