Ingredients: Serves: 2
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 soft corn tortillas
1 tomato, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 spring onion, roughly chopped
1 small green chilli, deseeded and chopped
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon of table salt
¼ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper or Black Pepper
- Heat your vegetable oil in a thick frying pan. Roll the corn tortillas into a cylinder shape and cut it with a pair of scissors into strips directly into the hot oil.
- Let the strips fry until crisp and golden then remove them to a bowl.
- Put the chopped chilli, chopped tomato and the spring onion into the same hot frying pan and stir everything with a wooden spatula for a minute or less.
- Add the fried corn tortillas to the mixture, and add the beaten eggs and salt. Using that same spatula, stir everything in the frying pan as you would do for scrambled eggs.
- As the eggs start setting, remove the frying pan from heat, and continue stirring until they are cooked as you wish.
***This is a very nice dish to begin a nice day or even to end one! 🙂 Nigella Lawson claims that this is “one of the greatest hangover cures around” 🙂 Kids, adults or elderly people will love this dish as there is a Mexican explosion of flavours in mouth! I would recommend serving this with grilled toasts and a green salad or with some fresh glazed, steamed vegetables if taken as a main meal (but then double the quantities of ingredients because you’ll definitely serve yourself twice). 🙂 Being a cheese person, you might as well toast the bread with a little cheese and grill it with a pinch of grated garlic for an even greater taste in mouth!